Monday, April 1, 2019

Book 35 of 130 - Saffron Kent, The Unrequited

You have read 35 books of 130 books."

Book Info: Saffron Kent, The Unrequited
Dates read: March 27, 2019 - March 29, 2019
Your rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Recommendation level: Eh... I didn't love it

I didn't like it. I hate when that happens because I love books. Let me say, it was FULL of lust and sex and it was extremely descriptive and graphic - but that's not what I didn't like about it! If you're into that whole 'broken man is terrible and mean to female protagonist just because he's broken so that makes it OK' - than by all means.

I'm not a prude, I'm not against lust filled novels with graphic descriptions. HOWEVER - the guy was awful.

Thomas is a poet gone professor because of personal circumstances. He's brooding and rude and just unhappy most of the time. Layla, our protagonist, is young SO YOUNG. She's inexperienced and quite frankly, not very bright. I didn't enjoy their story. I didn't enjoy the fact that she has zero backbone, even when 'she did,' it was like, 'eh, not really.'

I wish I would have loved it more but I really just didn't. That's all I got folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment